- You must provide a valid e-mail address when you submit your application. All communication directed from the Office of Admission to international applicants is conducted via e-mail.
- You must provide your permanent address in your home country . This information is required even if you currently reside in the U.S.
- You must provide your current mailing address (if it is not the same as your permanent address). If you are currently outside the United States, do not provide the address of a friend or relative living in the U.S. as your current address. This will delay the processing of your application.
Students seeking undergraduate admission must submit the following application requirements:
- Evidence of completion of high school or equivalent; University will evaluate the student's high school Grade Point Average (GPA), curricular records, and other documents to determine entrance eligibility.
- Proof of English language proficiency. A score of 450 (paper-based), or 133 (computer-based, or 45 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 4.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (TOEFL INSTITUTION CODE: 4625);
*** Student will be admitted with the completed level 6 certification from Columbia West College. This certification is accepted in lieu of of the TOEFL test. Exemptions to English Proficiency Requirement, Please check here.
- Completed Application for Admission Form (FORM DOWNLOAD).
- Two recent 2"x2" passport size photos;
- Certificate of Financial Support Form
A. For U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, and Non-F-1 Applicant (FORM DOWNLOAD);
B. For Overseas International Applicant (FORM DOWNLOAD);
C. Bank statement of sponsor** (REQUIREMENTS);
- Copy of passport;
- Copy of permanent resident card (ONLY for permanent resident);
- Application fee for all applicants (non-refundable): US$100;
- Administrative Processing Fee (ONLY for overseas international applicants, non-refundable): US$100;
- (Optional) International Express Mailing Fee (Non-Refundable): US$100 or Domestic Express Mailing Fee (Non-Refundable): US$25;
Students may submit other documents for consideration:
- A letter of recommendation;
- Personal essay (200 words or less).
Specifics Regarding Admission from a U.S.A. High School
- GENERAL CRITERIA (in addition to the above)
U.S. High School graduates may submit other documents for consideration:
• Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or
• American College Testing (ACT).
- TITLE V CLASS REQUIREMENTS
California law prescribes as requirements for bachelor's degrees that each student demonstrate competence in understanding (1) American history, institutions, and ideals, (2) The Constitution of the United States, and (3) the principles of state and local government as established in California. Students may meet these requirements by completing specified courses under the General Education requirements.
- ADMISSION WITH ADVANCED STANDING
An applicant may receive credit for up to forty-four (44) credits earned in high school Advanced Placement courses. Completed courses are accepted credit-for-credit for equivalent courses at PSU if the student has earned a score of three (3) out of a possible five (5). Evaluation and approval will be made by an Associate Dean and become a permanent part of the student's academic file.
- Incomplete or unacceptable documents will delay the admission process.
- Faxed, scanned, emailed copies cannot be accepted.
- Official notarized copies must be clear and good quality.
- * If any document is issued in the applicant’s native language, please provide both the original document and a translation of the document into English. Translated documents must be notarized. Translations must be submitted for all records not officially issued in English. These must be in the same format as the original-language documents, line-by-line, word-for-word, and must be typed. PSU reserves the right to request translations prepared by professional translation services. If documents are issued from the institution in English, students will not be required to submit the document in their native language. PSU has the right to request original documentation; submission of fabricated or false documents will result in immediate dismissal of the application and will disqualify the individual from applying to PSU in the future
- **All Financial documents must be ORIGINAL documents in English and U.S. dollars.
- Applications and documents will not be processed prior to the payment of the $100application fee (for all applicants) and $100 administrative fee (ONLY for overseas international applicants).
- All documents submitted for admission purposes become the property of Pacific States University and will not be returned to the applicant. PLEASE MAKE PERSONAL COPIES BEFORE you submit an official COPY of your diploma.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.