For International Student

For F-1 Transfer Student

Additional requirements for international students transferring to PSU:

  1. Copy of Form I-20 A-B from prior school;
  2. Copy of passport and U.S. Visa stamp;
  3. Copy of I-94 Record. Retrieve from Here;
  4. Copy of Employment Authorization Card (Required ONLY for students on OPT);
  5. Commitment fee of $2,000 (but applicable to tuition);
  6. Transfer- In Status Verification Form (DOWNLOAD);
  7. Completed Agreement of Conditional Admission without English Proficiency Requirement Form (DOWNLOAD). (Required ONLY for students who do not have the proof of English proficiency);

Students who have not taken TOEFL or IELTS but need a score to meet the admissions requirement may be admitted conditionally. Those students admitted conditionally may matriculate for two quarters, must enroll EN004, and submit a minimum TOEFL or IELTS score or be dropped from the program. Those students as well as the students who did not qualify for conditional admission are encouraged to enroll in PSU’s English as a Second Language (ESL) course of study and/or EN004 to prepare for the TOEFL. Students who have the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score and begin or continue their degree programs may be advised to enroll in EN005 to strengthen their language mastery. Enrolled students who exhibit difficulties with the English language may be referred to the ESL Faculty for review and for suggestions to remedy any deficiencies.

  1. Completed Transfer Release Form (issued after you have been accepted and US$2,000 Commitment Fee is paid)

To read more about Transfer Credit policy, please click here.

Admission Packet For Transfer Students


If you are currently studying in the United States or engaged in Optional Practical Training (OPT), your current academic institution must release your I-20 in SEVIS (the Web-based data collection and monitoring system) before PSU can issue an I-20 for study at PSU. In order to continue your studies in the United States and transfer to Pacific States University, you must follow the steps outlined below.

Step 1. Notify your current school.

Notify your current school of your intention to transfer to another school by submitting the “Transfer-In Status Verification Request” form. Bring the completed form along with admission’s required documents.

Step 2. Obtain Acceptance letter and “Transfer Release” form.

Once the PSU Admissions Department receives all of your application documents, fees, and your application packet is complete, an Admissions Officer will begin to evaluate your file for admission. After your application is processed, the student needs to pay the US $2000 commitment fee in order to receive an acceptance letter and “Transfer Release” form. When your documents are ready for pick up, we will contact you via email and or phone.

Step 3. Submit to your current school.

You must submit an acceptance letter and the “Transfer Release” form to your current school by having them fill out and bring the completed “Transfer Release” form to PSU. This form will allow PSU to transfer your SEVIS information. Once your SEVIS information is released to PSU, we will then be able to create a new I-20 for you to study at PSU!

Step 4. Register.

You must register at PSU no later than the first day of the start of the specified quarter mentioned in your acceptance letter. We recommend registering during the pre-registration period, when the registration fee is waived and classes are OPEN.

Step 5. Receive your I-20.

Between the 3rd and 4th week of the quarter, please come to the Admissions Office to get your original I-20.

For Change of Status to F-1 Students

Students must meet with an Admissions Officer prior to proceeding with a Change of Status (COS). In order to change your status to F-1, you are required to submit your application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Change of Status (COS) applicants must have valid immigration status at the time of submitting their COS application.

This procedure requires non-immigrants to file a COS within the U.S. and the processing time is approximately 3-4 months. Applicant must provide all required admission documents in addition to the following documents:

  1. Copy of passport and U.S. current Visa stamp;
  2. Copy of I-94 Record. Retrieve from  here;
  3. Copy of US port of entry stamp date;
  4. Commitment fee of $2,000 (applicable to tuition).

The Admission Office will issue a “Change of Status” I-20 for this type of procedure. Once you receive the I-20, you must meet your immigration lawyer to review the required documents for USCIS application.

Note: Simply obtaining the I-20 does not change your status to F-1. You will need to submit your application packet to USCIS and receive COS approval in order to complete your COS to F-1.

Admission Packet For Change of Status Students.
For Students Bringing Dependents

If you are an international student planning to bring your spouse or child with you to the US, please submit the following documents in addition to the general requirements:

Dependent I-20 processing fee US$50 (one-time payment)

If the dependent is the spouse of the applicant

  • Copy of spouse’s passport
  • Certified copy of marriage certificate (All documentation must be translated into English*)

If the dependent is the child of the applicant

  • Copy of child’s passport
  • Certified copy of child’s birth certificate (All documentation must be translated into English*)