Admission of Transferring Students

For transfers to PSU, the policy is to accept only two (2) courses (8 units) for transfer credit at the graduate level, and a maximum of thirty-three (33) courses (132 units) for transfer credit at the undergraduate level.

PSU has an articulation agreement with Vatel International Business School of Hotel & Tourism Management and California International Business University (CIBU) for transferring into the PSU M.B.A. program.

At the time of publication, the institution does not have an articulation or transfer agreement with any other college or university.

The University does not automatically give credit for courses completed at other institutions; it determines whether credit will be given by evaluating each course and its content. Acceptable institutions for transferable credit must be accredited by agencies recognized by the United States Department of Education or its equivalent. In general the course content should be the same as that at PSU.  Grades of C or better are required at the undergraduate level, and A or B grades at the graduate level.

To assist in the transfer process a student desiring to transfer such credits should provide the Registrar’s Office with the following:

  • A list of PSU courses for which the student is requesting credits;
  • Official transcript(s) indicating courses that may be equivalent;
  • Descriptions and syllabi/outlines for the course(s) or catalog.

It is the student’s responsibility to begin the process by first becoming familiar with the required courses in the PSU program as described in the current catalog.

Additional documentation for an international student transferring to PSU:

  1. Copy of Form I-20 A-B from prior school;
  2. Copy of passport and U.S. Visa stamp;
  3. Copy of I-94 Record. Retrieve from I-94 Official Website;
  4. Commitment payment of $2,000 (applicable to tuition).
  5. Copy of Employment Authorization Card (Required ONLY for students on OPT);
  6. Completed Agreement of Admission without English Proficiency Standards form. (Required ONLY for students who do not have the proof of English proficiency);
  7. Transfer letter or attendance letter from prior school